Monday, October 19, 2009

Writing for the sake of writing

I am sooo exhausted.

I really wanted to write a blog about some of the things that have happened in the past two weeks. The good and the bad. I lost a friend and my brother David lost a fiancee... and for a while I've been wanting to write about that...not so much about the pain and anger and confusion, but about the way this seems to have somehow turned into a blessing...how we're both turning our lives around...how proud I am of the way he is dealing with things and how I hope I'm following his lead...

All those things will have to wait until I'm less tired (yes I'm writing a blog about the blog I'm going to write. I'm tired, what do you want from me?)

Anyway, tonight was Rosh Chodesh--the New Moon. I learned recently that some sects of Judaism believe the moon is symbolic of Shekhinah--the feminine aspect of G-d. The waning moon is symbolic of her exile from Jerusalem and the waxing moon the symbol of her return. The New Moon is a time of new beginnings, a time of positive energy when G-d will bless us and our endeavors.

I've been feeling the positive energy over the last couple of days. Last night I REALLY felt it. I stayed up until about 5 AM talking to David and I think we could both feel the energy... and I was so excited I barely slept. I got up at 10 AM and started my day.

This afternoon, I began cooking. I didn't expect it to take nearly as long as it did. I made a lemon meringue pie which took FOREVER... I didn't quite finish I don't think... the filling was supposed to boil, which it never did, not even after an hour...and I gave up because I was taking so many tastes in the mean time there was likely to be no filling left if I didn't stop. Then I made a lemon "chicken" (I used Morningstar Farms vegetarian chicken strips) and glazed carrots...the lemon chicken was easily the best thing I have ever made. The cat thought so too, apparently, since he kept climbing me and meowing. I think he thought it was real chicken.

Anyway, none of that is very interesting. I did a ritual that was pretty interesting. Basically praying for the new month and writing down some of my goals.

I keep feeling like I didn't do anything today but actually I did a lot. No wonder I'm so exhausted.



1 comment:

Unilove said...

Rosh Chodesh--the New Moon... intersting... I never knew that...