Thursday, August 31, 2006

Honor

I was going to write a nice, normal entry about the job interview I had this afternoon, but first I took a detour to do some homework for my SPED classes. We had to write about the role(s) of the SPED teacher.

I found myself writing about the teacher's need for courage and compassion, to do what's best for a child who is struggling with academic and/or behavioral problems. As I wrote, I realized that many of the same qualities that led me to love Dave so much led me to this choice of career path.

I feel as if I am honoring his memory by becoming a special education teacher.

Enough said.

1 comment:

Unilove said...

Welcome to blogging, HeroicMuse! You were an important person in my brother's life before he passed, and I know that he is still watching over you, because we both know he is up there ordering angels around to his satisfaction...

Seriously, good to see you writing, and good to hear your 'voice'...

You were good to my brother, and for that, you will always have a friend here in L.A...