Thursday, May 17, 2007

New chapters

Well, I have a second interview for a teachng position this afternoon. And I'm going to get the job.

I know... because Dave came to visit me in my dreams last night. It was part of a strange mixed-up dream that I believe was meant to tell me I'm getting this job.

At first I dreamed I was leaving for work and I was really upset for some reason, like crazily upset the way I got sometimes when I was stressed out. And Gideon from Criminal Mindswas trying to work with me to help me calm down.

I was late for work and for some reason I had to walk through the mall to get there. I wanted to stop and look at the earrings but I didn't have time.

And then I found myself in this back room, kind of like the board room in The Apprentice or the meeting room in the library. Dave was there. So was some really fat guy who I didn't recognize but who I somehow knew was Fraiser Crane.

Anyay, the Fraiser dude didn't like Dave for some reason. I looked at Dave and said, "We mess with people who don't like us. Remember what we used to do to Joel?" We were laughing...

I looked at my cell phone and realized I had one minute to get to work, but Dave convinced me to stay a little longer. So we talked a little more. Then I, sadly, had to get going. Dave said, "I do too. I have to get home. I've been down here a long time," and I knew he meant he was going back to heaven.

So I hugged him and I was packing up I told him I loved him. He didn't answer so I said it again and he said he loved me too.

He had a textbook that he said wasn't his. Then there was a flash of light and he was gone, and instead there was a disabled guy in a wheelchair whom I gave the book to.

I woke up feeling so happy and peaceful. I am sure that was a spiritual visit and not just a dream.

In other news, I've been working on my plot outline for my novel. I've never done this before, except for a class once which I hated. I actually don't like planning--I like actually writing and seeing where I end up. The problem is that this story is way too complicated for that. I'd get stuck and never finish it.

I'm stuck as it is, although I expect that to change. I have very little to do this morning at work so I'm going to try to work on it. I came to a pivotal point yesterday and then got stuck. I don't want to give away too much of the story, but basically my two characters just decided to be "friends who kiss sometimes", which is less than my protagonist wants but she's willing to accept. It was kind of a climatic moment and I haven't quite worked out where to go from here.

Last night I went to my writers' group. It was an interesting experience. I'm making friends in the group but ironically I still don't know anyone's name. They all introduced themselves the first time I went, but their names all start with M and end with A and I can't keep them straight. I talked to this girl for an hour straight. We had a lot in common. But I have no idea what her name is.

After this week I'm going to try to move my drum lesson to 6 PM so I can go to a Harry Potter book club that one of the girls from my writing group is in at 7.

Tonight's the Scrubs season finale. 18 episodes to go after this til the end of the series. I can't wait to see tonight's double header, even though last week's episode made me seriously upset. Not because it wasn't awesome--it was. But basically JD's ex-girlfriend did some very Katie-like things which got me upset. The Scrubs forum is evenly divided between people who agree with me that Kim (JD's ex-girlfriend) is a manipulative bitch and people who think "all characters are human, give her a break", so I've been discussing it all week. I'm better now though :D

And on that note it's time to start looking at my novel plans.

No comments: