Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A real update

I went to bed at 9:15 last night. Now my brain's working again.

Over the past couple of weeks I've realized some important things. Stuff like, if I'm lonely it's because i choose to be. I'm involved in a number of activities, and every place I go people love me. I'm starting to understand that I'm an extremely lovable person.

Tonight I went to my writer's group. It's not much of a group, really. There are only three or four of us, usually, and we do more taling about other stuff than about writing. Tonight everyone just said they really liked my chapter. I would have liked a stronger evaluation. I guess that's what the weekend conference I'm going to the first weekend in June is for.

I'm also starting to understand more about who I am. I really am a teacher. Sometimes I've doubted it, because I want so badly to write... and I have no doubt I will be a writer, as well, but the teaching is part of me too. I feel like the fan fiction list I'm creating is kind of a teaching situation... most of the people who've signed up are teenagers. So I kind of have to plan lessons on how to write fan fiction.

I'm also a person who likes to be a leader. I'm the one who organized this list, as well as a couple of other things going on in the Scrubs forum... I've always got ideas about who to do things and how to make things run smoothly for everyone... and I like helping people. Dave always said that there's enough room in this world for everyone to be successful, and I want to live that truth.

Im sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now. In the meantime tomorrow's my drum lesson. I finally graduated from the rudiment book. My teacher says I'm the first of his current students to do so. Last week he starte teaching me a beat. I've been playing it to "Superman" (the Lazlo Bane song, also used as the theme to Scrubs) all week. I wish it wasn't so late so I could practice it some more... I'm playing just a little too fast :(

Anyway I'm starving but it's almost 10:30 so I'm thinking about just going to bed and eating in the morning.

No comments: