Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Beginnings

I am so excited for the next Writer's Meet. I decided (at almost the last minute as usual) that I am going to make a Rosh Hashanah supper for the Meet so that the people who don't celebrate can at least sample the food lol. I may make some other things for Rosh Hashanah itself... if I have time...

I've been free lancing and I'm not making enough money to support myself yet, but boy do I have a lot of work to do! I am still trying to find the right balance and learn how to say No to jobs that are going to take too long when I have other projects going at the same time, but how do I do that when I am not making enough money yet? Free lancing pays incredibly low, yet I need these jobs right now to build a portfolio so eventually I can make a decent amount of money.

In the meantime... I guess it's a good thing I'm getting unemployment. I may have to work as a sub some this year as well, although I'm really hoping not to. I like having the freedom that comes from working at home, but I also like having a place to live and being able to pay my bills... sigh...

In any case, this is a year of New Beginnings for me! I'm praying G-d shows me the way to live a balanced life and make enough money doing what I want to do.

1 comment:

Unilove said...

Welcome back to blogging! :) I checked regularly, and am happy to see you will be returning...

All my best,

Lisa