Friday, September 18, 2009

Personality test

I thought this quiz was interesting. It only had two questions, and I had trouble choosing between the three choices on the first question because, honestly, they all sound like me.

Your result for The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test...

8 - the Asserter

Thanks for taking the test !


you chose AY - your Enneagram type is EIGHT (aka "The Challenger").


"I must be strong"

Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.



How to Get Along with Me


• Stand up for yourself... and me.


• Be confident, strong, and direct.


• Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.


• Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.


• Give me space to be alone.


• Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.


• I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.


• When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.



What I Like About Being a EIGHT


• being independent and self-reliant


• being able to take charge and meet challenges head on


• being courageous, straightforward, and honest


• getting all the enjoyment I can out of life


• supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me


• upholding just causes



What's Hard About Being a EIGHT


• overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to


• being restless and impatient with others' incompetence


• sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it


• never forgetting injuries or injustices


• putting too much pressure on myself


• getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right



EIGHTs as Children Often


• are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit


• are sometimes loners


• seize control so they won't be controlled


• figure out others' weaknesses


• attack verbally or physically when provoked


• take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings



EIGHTs as Parents


• are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted


• are sometimes overprotective


• can be demanding, controlling, and rigid


Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele, The Enneagram Made Easy. Discover the 9 Types of People.


Harper: San Francisco, 1994, 161 pages



You liked the test? so S P R E A D I T ! tell everyone!!!



_____________________


Take The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test
at HelloQuizzy


-----------
I think this is more my ideal self than necessarily who I am... I don't always assert myself because when I do, I generally come on too strong and scare people away with my passion. And I am passionate about EVERYTHING.

Hmm... I have to think about this some more lol.

1 comment:

Unilove said...

Thanks! ro and I noth took on this test, and it was uncanny in its accuracy! He was a 4 to my 6.