Sunday, February 25, 2007

Late night post

It's late and I should be getting to bed. Tomorrow's going to be a long day.

Tomorrow is the last day of church :( I made a banana cream pie to bring. Or, I should say, I tried to make it. I followed all the directions, even chilled it for 8 hours instead of 3, but it's still all mushy like pudding, not solid like pie.

*sigh* I don't have time to make something else. I'm thinking I might just put it in the oven for a few minutes to see if that'll get it to solidify even though the recipe was adamant about chilling it. Otherwise I'll have to present it as a pudding. (I'm very determined to bring this thing.)

After church I have a date. I'm really excited. I have an hour to get there and it's only five minutes away so I should have time to say a proper goodbye.

I realize that just because the church is disbanding doesn't mean I'll never see Pastor Dan again. I mean, he gave us all his phone number for a reason. I just... well, I don't like to call people unless i have a very specific reason because I don't want to be a pest. I even hated calling Dave even though he liked it when I called him from work. And I don't really know how to build a relationship with a pastor outside of a church.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to/dreading tomorrow at the same time.

In the meantime, I talked to another guy on the phone last Thursday and the Thursday before. He would like to go out next weekend.

I feel funny about scheduling dates with two different guys. I shouldn't, right? It's not like there's any commitment to be exclusive in this kind of dating. Obviously if things get serious with either of these guys, I would make a commitment and hopefully the other one would be willing to be just friends. I guess that's another way I'm like JD... I don't like to hurt people (and I'm jumping way too far ahead of myself, anyway.)

I finished my Scrubs fan fiction. I don't remember if I even mentioned it here. I was writing it just for me, although I was pretty damn impressed when I read it over tonight. I felt sad, too. When I took TV writing at USC, my teacher suggested I write a Scrubs episode. It was before I had gotten into it, so I ignored her. Then when I took an independent screenwriting class, I had thought about writing one but changed my mind. Now I don't live in LA anymore, the show is probably ending after this season, and it's a little late for me to be thinking about wanting to write for it.

Damn timing. I wonder how my life would have been different if I'd listened to my TV writing teacher.

Too bad I decided to give up Scrubs reruns for Lent. I'd like to watch my DVD of "My Butterfly" to remind myself (again) that things happen the way they're meant to happen.

Anyway, eventually I'll put it up on my myspace and link to it from here. But not tonight.

I really really should get to bed.

No comments: