Saturday, September 16, 2006

Back to church

My neighbor invited me to a Singles meeting at a local church. I wasn't going to go at first... I kind of had given up on the whole church thing... not on God, exactly, but on going to church and especially on going places specifically for singles. I alternate between anger at God for letting Dave die and realizing how true everything Dave taught me about God is, and wanting to continue my spiritual journey even though Dave isn't on this earth to journey with me anymore.

Anyway, so at the last minute I decided to go. It was kind of fun to dress up. I put on my yellow dress (see my previous post about clothing shopping) and gold shoes, and put my hair up in a ponytail. It felt good to take care of my appearance. I haven't cared much lately...

The meeting was OK, I guess. I was the only non-African-American there, which doesn't usually bother me, but it was a bit strange. The pastor was very nice. I didn't like the way he prayed, though... he kept saying God every two seconds and I found it distracting. I just thinkt he way Richard always prays is more genuine.

The meeting was mainly about how no one is helping to build this new church. They took over a building that used to house a nursing home. It's huge, and they want to build a church and community center. Apparently no one but the pastor is building this thing.

After half an hour, it broke up. We were all suppsoed to socialize and they were going to go to dinner afterwards, but my neighbor didn't want to go so we just hung out for a while and came home.

It wasn't all that impressive, but I guess it was good for me to go back to a church... when I came home I automatically gravitated not to a game but to my Writers Market. That has to say something about God's re-entry into my life

I finished my list tonight!!! I have 180 or so listings. Of course, this is only the first step... tomorrow in addition to doing my homework and writing that speech once and for all, I'm going to run a query to get a sublist of those that take simultaneous submissions and are open for submissions right now. Then I'm going to look at the websites for each of those magazines and see which ones seem most appropriate to submit to. Then I draft my cover letters and send out at least 25 submissions.

I am so tired... I started to fade around the end of the T's but I wanted to get through the rest of this list... I kept making myself keep going...

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day so I suppose I should get off-line fairly soon but I am so excited!

No comments: