Saturday, September 09, 2006

Moving forward

I just came from the SPED meeting. I now know what I have to do to get a teaching job. It's going to happen, just like the writing's going to happen. My life is going to come together. I hope you're watching from Heaven, Dave, because I'm going to be everything we both said I was going to be, and I want you to be proud of me.

It turns out that in order to get a SPED job I have to pass the PRAXIS II. In the meantime, however, I can finish my substitute application. According to one girl at the meeting, when she went in person to turn in her application, Human Resources told her they thoguht she should be a lateral entry teacher instead, and that was that.

In addition, I can teach even before getting 24 credits because I have a BA in psychology.

They recommend visiting Human Resources in person -- and dress professionally -- as opposed to calling them, in order to get the job process started.

In other news this morning, I walked to campus for the meeting. This time it was a LOT easier to walk there and back. I wasn't exhausted like I was last time. The walk there was quick and easy. I didn't even think about it.

On the way back, I started to get tired halfway up the hill, but it was nothing like before. I didn't need to stop at all. My legs started to ache and I started to sweat as I came up the crest of the hill. As I was beginning to tire, I could already see the bottom of the hill and the traffic light, and I knew I was almost there.

I think eating properly has made me more fit. I know my diet's working, too, because my pants were big this morning. I was a little embarrassed to be sitting there holding them up. I kept worrying that everyone was looking at me and thinking I didn't belong here.

Afterwards I stayed a minute to talk to someone I know online from my group project. I'd like to get to know her. I left in a hurry because I wanted to call my parents and get home. I hope she didn't think it was strange that I left so quickly.

But anyway, I'm moving forward... like I said last night, there will always be an empty space whenever I'm doing well, because I can't call Dave to tell him about it. I miss sharing everything with him.

But I'm honoring his memory by moving towards what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm still behind on a couple of things, but I feel motivated to get everything together. On M

No comments: